Overview On How To Pay Parking In Dubai
You will need to know how to pay parking in Dubai If you are planning on driving around United Arab Emirates (UAE) mostly in Dubai.
The city has a variety of options for paying for parking, from traditional meters to modern apps.
In this intro, we will cover the basics of paying for parking in Dubai. We will start by looking at the different types of meters, and then we’ll discuss how to use them and the different payment methods available.
Parking In Dubai
Dubai is a vibrant and cosmopolitan city with a lot to offer visitors and residents alike. However, with its large population and growing number of vehicles, parking can sometimes be a challenge.
There are a variety of ways to pay for parking in Dubai, each with its own advantages and disadvantages.
This guide will provide you with an overview of the different payment options available, so that you can choose the one that is best for you. ( Check Out: Top Interior Design Companies In Dubai)
How To Pay Parking In Dubai?
There are several ways you can choose to pay parking in Dubai and here’s a list of 5 payments method you can use:
mParking is a mobile payment service that allows you to pay parking in Dubai using your phone.
It is a convenient and easy-to-use option, and it is available in both English and Arabic.
To use mParking, simply send an SMS message in the following format to 7275:
<plate number> <zone number><duration>
You will receive a confirmation SMS once your payment has been processed.
Here are some of the benefits of using mParking:
- It is convenient and easy to use.
- You can pay for parking from anywhere, using your phone.
- You can extend your parking session remotely.
- You can receive alerts when your parking session is about to expire.
- You can view your parking history.
To use mParking and pay parking in Dubai, you must first register your vehicle with the service. You can do this by sending an SMS message in the following format to 7275:
REG <plate number>
Once your vehicle has been registered, you can start using mParking to pay for parking.
Here are some tips for using mParking:
- Make sure that you have entered the correct plate number and zone number.
- Make sure that you have sufficient credit on your phone bill to pay for parking.
- If you are extending your parking session, be sure to do so before your current session expires.
- If you receive an alert that your parking session is about to expire, you can extend your session remotely or move your vehicle to a different parking zone.
mParking is a convenient and easy-to-use way to pay for parking in Dubai. It is a good option for anyone who wants to avoid the hassle of paying at a parking meter or carrying cash.
2. Dubai RTA app
The Dubai RTA app is the official mobile app of the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) in Dubai, UAE. It is a one-stop shop for all your transportation needs in Dubai, including:
- Real-time public transport information: Get live arrival times for buses, trains, and the Dubai Metro.
- Journey planning: Plan your journey using public transport, car, or taxi.
- Nol card management: Top up your Nol card, view your travel history, and manage your subscriptions.
- Parking: Pay for parking using your credit card or Nol card.
- Salik: View your Salik balance and pay any outstanding tolls.
- Driver’s license and vehicle registration: View the expiry date of your driver’s license and vehicle registration, and renew them online.
- Traffic updates: Get real-time traffic updates and road closures.
- Customer support: Chat with RTA customer service representatives and get help with any of your transportation needs.
The Dubai RTA app is available for download on the App Store and Google Play. It is free to download and use, and it is available in both English and Arabic.
To use the Dubai RTA app, simply download it from your app store and create an account.
Once you have created an account, you can start using the app to access all of its features.
To pay parking in Dubai, open the app and select the “Parking” option. Then, enter your vehicle’s plate number and the zone number where you are parked.
The app will calculate the parking fee and allow you to pay using your credit card or Nol card.
Here are some of the benefits of using the Dubai RTA app:
- It is a convenient and easy-to-use way to manage all of your transportation needs in Dubai.
- It provides you with real-time information on public transport, traffic, and parking.
- It allows you to pay parking in Dubai and Salik using your phone.
- It allows you to view and renew your driver’s license and vehicle registration online.
- It provides you with access to customer support from anywhere.
If you are a resident of Dubai or a frequent visitor, I highly recommend downloading the Dubai RTA app. It is a valuable tool that can make your life in Dubai much easier.
3. Parking Meters
Parking meters are devices that allow motorists to pay for parking in a designated area. They are typically found on streets and in parking lots.
To use a parking meter and pay parking in Dubai, motorists must first insert coins into the meter until the amount displayed on the screen matches the desired parking duration.
The meter will then issue a ticket that must be displayed on the vehicle’s dashboard.
Parking meters are a convenient way to pay for parking, as they do not require motorists to carry around change or to purchase a parking permit.
However, it is important to note that parking meters can be expensive, especially in high-traffic areas.
Here are some tips for using parking meters:
- Make sure to have enough change before you start parking. Parking meters typically only accept coins, and they do not give change.
- Read the instructions on the parking meter carefully to make sure that you are paying the correct amount for the desired parking duration.
- Display the parking ticket on your vehicle’s dashboard in a prominent place.
- Be aware of the time limits for parking in the area where you are parked. If you exceed the time limit, you may be fined.
4. Nol Card
The Nol card is a rechargeable smart card that can be used to pay for public transportation in Dubai, including the Metro, buses, tram, and water buses. It can also be used to pay for parking, taxis, and at some retail outlets.
To use a Nol card, simply tap it on the reader at the entrance to the Metro station or bus stop.
The fare will be automatically deducted from your balance. You can reload your Nol card at any Metro station or bus stop, or at select retail outlets.
There are two types of Nol cards: silver and gold. The silver card is the standard card, and it can be used on all public transportation modes.
The gold card gives you access to the Gold Class seats on the Metro, which are more spacious and comfortable.
To purchase a Nol card, you can go to any Metro station or bus stop. The cards cost AED 25, which includes a AED 19 e-purse value. You can then add more money to your card as needed.
Here are some of the benefits of using a Nol card:
- It is convenient and easy to use.
- It can be used on all public transportation modes in Dubai.
- It can also be used to pay for parking, taxis, and at some retail outlets.
- It offers discounts on public transportation fares for students, seniors, and people with disabilities.
- It is transferable, so you can share it with friends or family members.
If you are planning on using public transportation or to pay parking in Dubai, I highly recommend getting a Nol card. It is the most convenient and affordable way to get around the city.
5. Seasonal Parking Permits
Seasonal parking permits are a convenient and affordable option for people who park in the same area on a regular basis.
Seasonal parking permits are valid for 3, 6, or 12 months, and they can be purchased from the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA).
To purchase a seasonal parking permit, you will need to provide the following information:
- Your vehicle’s plate number
- The type of permit you want (annual, semi-annual, or quarterly)
- The zone number where you want to park.
You can purchase a seasonal parking permit online, through the Dubai RTA app, or at any RTA Customer Happiness Center.
Once you have purchased a seasonal parking permit, you will need to display it on your vehicle’s dashboard. You can also activate your permit using the Dubai RTA app.
Seasonal parking permits are valid in all public parking zones and can serve as pay parking in Dubai, including multi-story car parks.
However, seasonal parking permits are not valid in private parking areas, such as those located at malls and shopping centers.
Here are some of the benefits of using a seasonal parking permit:
- Convenience: Seasonal parking permits allow you to park in public parking zones without having to pay for parking each time.
- Affordability: Seasonal parking permits are more affordable than paying for parking on a daily basis, especially if you park in the same area on a regular basis.
- Peace of mind: Seasonal parking permits give you the peace of mind knowing that you will always have a place to park in your desired area.
Best Payment Method To Use And Pay Parking In Dubai
If you are looking for the most convenient and easy-to-use option, then mParking or the Dubai RTA app are good choices.
If you are on a tight budget or do not have a mobile phone, then paying at a parking meter may be a better option.
If you park in the same area on a regular basis, then a seasonal parking permit may be the best option for you.
Ultimately, the best way to decide which payment method to choose is to consider your own needs and preferences.
No matter which payment method you choose, be sure to pay for parking in Dubai promptly to avoid fines.
Parking fines in Dubai can be quite expensive, so it is important to be familiar with the parking rules and regulations.