The seventh cohort of the Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University, in collaboration with Columbia World Projects and Columbia Global, has officially opened its application today. They welcome emerging leaders worldwide to join a nine-month program encompassing academic, skill-based, and experiential learning, running from summer 2024 to spring 2025.
Colombia University, USA.
- Emerging leaders making meaningful contributions in their respective fields, at a pivotal point in their careers.
- A strong commitment to service and leadership within their communities, along with a pledge to return and apply their newfound skills and connections.
- Proficiency in English (spoken and written).
- A vision to positively impact their communities’ future.
- A dedication to inclusivity, community focus, hope, courage, imagination, strategy, accountability, integrity, and resilience.
- Monthly stipend to support living in New York City.
- Furnished studio apartment within walking distance of Columbia University.
- Coverage of tuition and fees for up to four courses at Columbia University.
- Basic medical, dental, and life insurance for the program’s duration in New York City.
- Airfare to and from the home country and program-related activities.
Complete the 2024-2025 application online, including:
The resume/curriculum vitae should be a chronological listing of your employment and academic history, and other significant activities, including any awards, publications, or other achievements.
Personal video statement.
The personal video statement should be a short video (no longer than three minutes in length) introducing the applicant and their work to the selection committee. Applicants will upload their video statement to a video hosting service, like YouTube or Vimeo, and will include a link to their video in the online application. Additional information on the requirements for the personal video statement can be found in the online application.
Responses to short essay questions.
The short essay questions help the selection committee understand the applicant’s work, their motivation and how the program fits into their career trajectory. Applicants will submit their essay questions in the online application.
Proof of English proficiency.
Applicants whose native language is not English are required to demonstrate proficiency in the English language by submitting scores from one of four exams: The internet-based or paper-based exams of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL); the International English Language Testing System (IELTS); the Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic); or the Duolingo English Test (DET). No other exams will be accepted.
Two letters of recommendation.
Two letters of recommendation are required from individuals who are familiar with the applicant and the applicant’s work in an academic, professional or community service setting. Recommendations should directly address the applicant’s suitability for admission to the Obama Foundation Scholars program. Recommendations should not be written by family members or friends.
Fill the Application form by Clicking here
The application deadline for the 2024-2025 Obama Foundation Scholars Program is December 12, 2023, at 5 p.m. ET.
Priority will be given to applicants who have not matriculated at Columbia University. The fellowship is a full-time, residential program at Columbia and cannot be undertaken at the same time as a degree program.