Whether you’re residing in the UK or abroad and are in search of a Tier 2 visa sponsored job, we invite you to explore an excellent employment opportunity at the University of Reading. The University of Reading is a dynamic and forward-thinking institution that is constantly evolving with exciting new initiatives. Within this context, the role of Financial Accountant offers a fascinating and diverse set of responsibilities.
£45,585 – £56,021.
Visa Sponsorship Available.
About The Job.
As a Financial Accountant at the University of Reading, your primary task will be to prepare the financial accounts of the university’s subsidiaries and trusts. Additionally, you will play a crucial role in the creation of consolidated financial statements and take responsibility for key regulatory submissions. This position holds a pivotal place within the Finance Function and operates as part of a dynamic team consisting of five talented professionals.
Joining our team at this juncture is particularly thrilling as we are in the midst of implementing transformative financial processes and novel working methodologies. As an employee, you will benefit from a comprehensive benefits package, which includes 26 days of annual leave in addition to public holidays and closure days. Moreover, our pension plan boasts generous contributions from the employer, exceeding 20%, and we actively encourage and support flexible working arrangements.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare the University’s and other UK legal entities’ statutory reporting, including financial statements and associated notes, ensuring compliance with the current SORP and statutory reporting requirements.
- Prepare regulatory returns including TRAC and OfS Returns.
- Act as a key contact and coordinator of the year-end and other audits, ensuring all requirements are met and any queries satisfactorily resolved.
- Respond to and provide all analysis and explanations required by the OfS and other organisations. Liaise with the OfS as appropriate on returns and reports, responding to any queries and ensuring all are satisfactorily resolved.
- Ensure all relevant period end and year end routines are completed liaising closely with the Financial Planning and Strategy team. Ensure the processing of all entries into Unit 4 Business World (Agresso) is carried out efficiently, accurately and timely, liaising closely with the Transactional Services Team.
- Ensure all control accounts and general ledger balances are reconciled at each period end and any discrepancies followed up and resolved.
- Ensure the correct accounting treatment of all transactions including intercompany and trust activities.
- Ensure inter-company balances are reconciled and agreed and that all overseas Trial Balances are correctly loaded into U4BW. Provide reporting as necessary
- Ensure the pension scheme liabilities are correctly accounted for and disclosed and produce the monthly and year end accounting for the University’s associate relationship with its student accommodation provider.
- Produce balance sheet forecasts and assist in the production of the University tax returns.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are correctly followed at all times and, if appropriate, ensure these are still valid and relevant to the University both currently and going forward.
- Attend where applicable any relevant sector groups, networks or meetings as a representative of the University and to promote exchange of good practice
- Provide direction and guidance as necessary to team members especially the Financial Accounts Assistant and ensure their workload is correctly completed accurately and timely
- Assist with driving improvements across the whole finance function, working closely with the Finance Senior Management team
To initiate the application process and potentially secure this compelling opportunity, please click on the following link: Apply Here. Don’t miss out on the chance to be a part of our innovative and dynamic team at the University of Reading.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. By reference to the applicable SOC code for this role, sponsorship may be possible under the Skilled Worker Route. Applicants should ensure that they are able to meet the points requirement under the PBS. There is further information about this on the UK Visas and Immigration Website.
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and champions LGBT+ equality. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.