The Undergraduate Scholars Entrance Scholarship (USES) Program is designed to attract both domestic and international high school applicants who demonstrate potential to enrich the university community through ongoing academic and community contributions. The USES Program is available to applicants in any SFU faculty and the scholarships range in value from $20,000 to $140,000. Eligible applicants will be considered for all USES Program scholarships based on one application.
8 payments of $17,500
- Applying to SFU for the Fall term
- Currently completing final year of high school OR graduated from high school in the past year and have not enrolled in any post-secondary courses
- Meet admission requirements to primary program choice in any SFU faculty
- Have grades in the 90% range OR 31 IB points, excluding predicted bonus points, in courses required for admission to primary program
- Demonstrate excellence in both academic and extracurricular activities
- Can have two complete references – due by January 31, 2024
- Can complete all items on Student Centre To Do List – due by January 31, 2024
- If you meet all the requirements above, you are encouraged to apply for the USES
The following provides a summary of what you can expect to complete as part of the SFU Undergraduate Scholars Entrance Scholarships (USES) application:
- Community Involvement & achievements – you will list and be asked to reflect on, up to 5 extra-curricular activities and achievements such as volunteer, work, athletics, arts or other personal achievements. You will also be able to list any awards you have received.
- Essay – a short essay describing how your personal experiences shaped your outlook on life and how this connects to your future at SFU. (500 words)
- References – you will be asked provide contact information for two referees who have direct knowledge of information you provided in your application such as your academics, extra-curricular activities or personal achievements. The two people you list will be contacted directly via email by SFU once you submit your application. Referees will not be required to submit any documents, but will each be sent a link to the online reference form.
- Academic reference – a high school counsellor, teacher or administrator who best knows your academic ability
- Community Involvement and Achievements reference – someone in a supervisory role who can comment on at least one of the extra-curricular activities you listed. This cannot be a peer or a family member.
- Additional Information – optional section where you can describe your financial circumstances
APPLICATION PERIOD FOR FALL 2024:
October 1, 2023 – December 15, 2023
SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS* DEADLINE:
January 31, 2024