If you’ve ever considered relocating to Australia, the Province of Victoria has introduced enticing visa options that could make your dream a reality. The Victoria Province is offering two primary visas, the Visa 190 and Visa 491, both of which enable you to work, study, and live permanently in Australia.
- Your Path to Australian Residency
The Visa 190 is a remarkable opportunity for permanent residency in Australia. You don’t need a job offer to apply for this visa, and it allows you to stay in Australia indefinitely. Moreover, it paves the way for potential Australian citizenship.
- A Skilled Work Regional Visa
The Visa 491 is a Skilled Work Regional visa that lets you study and work in specific regions of Australia for five years, with an option for permanent residency. The process involves selecting an eligible state, living and working there for three years, and later, the freedom to move and work in any region of Australia. After holding the Visa 491 for two to three years, you can also apply for permanent residence.
The Key Distinction
- 491 vs. 190
It’s important to note that the 491 visa is a regional provisional visa, while the 190 visa is a state or territory-nominated permanent residency visa. The 190 visa offers greater flexibility in choosing where to live and work within Australia.
Expression of Interest (EOI) –
- Your Gateway to Victoria Province
Both the Visa 190 and Visa 491 open the doors to move to any province in Australia without a job offer. Fortunately, Victoria Province has initiated an Expression of Interest (EOI) application system. When a province opens an EOI, it implies they are welcoming applications from individuals interested in immigrating to that specific province.
Eligibility and Application Process
Qualification is based on the following:
- Be dedicated to living in Victoria province.
- Have your Registration of Interest (ROI) chosen.
- Be under 45 years old.
- You’d need some competency in English
- Hold a valid Skills Assessment.
- Work in an occupation listed on the eligible skilled occupation list for this visa.
Score at least 65 points on the Australian Government’s points test for your Expression of Interest (EOI) in SkillSelect.
The application process consists of four steps:
- Submit an EOI to the Australian Government’s Department of Home Affairs via SkillSelect.
- Apply for Victorian nomination using the EOI number through the Live in Melbourne portal.
- Upon receiving an invitation, complete a nomination application within the Live in Melbourne portal.
- If your nomination is approved, proceed to submit a visa application to the Australian Government’s Department of Home Affairs.
CLICK HERE for more information.
ROI selection takes into account various factors, including age, English language proficiency, work experience, education, partner’s skills if applicable, salary (for onshore candidates), and specific attention to certain industries.
Skills assessments are granted by relevant skills assessment organizations. These organizations ensure that your skills align with the standards required for your nominated occupation in Australia. It’s crucial to contact the appropriate authority for your job, gather the necessary documents, and undergo the assessment.
Please note that this information is based on official government sources, and it’s advisable to conduct further research for the most up-to-date details.