Are you interested in volunteering in Germany for one year as someone from abroad? You’ve come to the right place! This page provides an overview of the incoming program tailored for individuals like you. Here, you’ll find details about the program’s benefits, requirements, work areas, and application information. Enjoy exploring!
To participate in the incoming program, you should meet these formal and personal requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Currently, not be residing in Germany.
- Have a German language proficiency of at least A2 or preferably B1, with a willingness to improve your German during your voluntary service.
- Completed a minimum of a two-week internship in your home country in the same field you wish to work in Germany. Please include your internship certificate with your application.
- Be open to experiencing and embracing German culture and taking on new tasks.
- Willing to work full-time in a social or educational institution for one year.
- If you come from a non-European Union (EU) country, you’ll need a German visa. Once accepted for volunteer service, we’ll assist you in obtaining the necessary documents. The visa process may take two to three months, depending on your home country, and can be challenging. We’ll provide support wherever possible.
The incoming program starts twice a year: in August/September and February/March. Your volunteer service typically spans 12-18 months, with exceptional cases extending to two years. It’s a full-time commitment, requiring 38.5 – 40 hours of work per week. You are entitled to vacation days, and you’ll have 25 days of educational seminars with your fellow volunteers.
As a participant, you’ll enjoy several benefits:
- A monthly pocket allowance of at least 200 Euros.
- Your organization will arrange your accommodation, either in a room at the volunteer center or with a host family.
- You’ll receive meals (food and drinks) from your organization or financial support for them.
- During your voluntary service, you’ll have health insurance, accident insurance, liability insurance, and possibly social insurance in Germany.
To Apply, Simply CLICK HERE.
Funding for travel to and from Germany is only available in some programs. In these programs we have only a few places. So most volunteers have to finance the travel to Germany and back by themselves. Financial support is possible.